Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

My Stubborn Heart


Back Cover

Kate Donovan is burned out on work, worn down by her dating relationships, and in need of an adventure.  When her grandmother asks her to accompany her to Redbud, Pennsylvania, to restore the grand old house she grew up in, Kate jumps at the chance.

Upon her arrival in Redbud, Kate meets Matt Jarreau, the man hired to renovate the house.  Kate can’t help being attracted to him, drawn by both his good looks and something else she can’t quite put her finger on.  He’s clearly wounded – hiding from people, hiding from God, and from his past.  Yet Kate sets her stubborn heart on bringing him out of the dark and back into the light…whether he likes it or not.

When the stilted, uncomfortable interactions between Kate and Matt slowly shift into something more, is God finally answering the longing of her heart?  Or will Kate be required to give up more than she ever dreamed?

Review

My Stubborn Heart was a very refreshing read - something I had been waiting a long time for.   The story flowed nicely and was well-developed.  The dialogue felt natural and the characters were real.  I could envision them in my mind and feel their emotions as the story unfolded.  Kate Donovan held a spark of optimism to bounce off Matt’s more reserved, brooding character. Kate’s strong faith was evident and encouraging.

Reading about the relationship develop between Kate and Matt was liking watching a butterfly come out of a cocoon - beautiful and incredibly touching.  

This is a very promising debut novel for Becky Wade.  I started and finished this book in one day and it left me wanting more.  I rarely read books twice, but I know I definitely will be reading My Stubborn Heart again.

…and again…



Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

4 comments:

  1. Love the cover on this one. I haven't heard of this author before! Thanks for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you have a great blog here. Keep up the good work.
    I have just nominated your blog for the liebster award
    check it out at http://kiwigirlreads.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    Best Wishes
    kiwigirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated your for the Liebster Book Award! Head on over to http://laceandlavenderhints.blogspot.ca/ to see your tag!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you for the wonderful comments, everyone - and for the nominations! I've been swamped these past few weeks, so haven't had a chance to properly respond to the nominations. Will do so in the next few days! :)

    ReplyDelete